MSc. | MBA (IT & Communications) - CIO, Entrepreneur, Consultant, Leader, Adviser, Public Speaker
- Montreal, Canada Area
- Information Technology and Services
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Adviser / Consultant / Director with more than 12 years of experience. Positivism is his motive, challenge and change are his passion, and professionalism is his style. He leads people under set of defined values and target to optimize resources and achieve productive, effective and efficient team work environment.
His philosophy is that IT is a business enabler. Therefore, he is differentiated with his know-how knowledge, and being able to strategically and cost effectively align both business goals and IT strategies together by applying my cross-industry experience. In addition to, consistently improve delivery and service levels, and optimize expenditures. Excel at strategic planning, leadership, resource management, project management, innovation capabilities, and continuous improvement programs.
Group IT Manager
Al Fahim Group
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Automotive industry
March 2012 – Present (1 year 4 months)
Challenged to improve productivity and reduce costs through optimized use of technology. Oversaw all IT functions including data center management, vendor relationships, technical support, application development, financial monitoring and disaster recovery planning. Managed operating budget and direct activities of 20+ staff. Utilized best IT & Governance practices and collaborated with managers to analyze and document processes & workflows. Authored plan to improve software development process; consolidated/upgraded servers and established consistent hardware/software standards to eliminate unstable, highly mixed operating environment.
Group Head of ICT
United Al-Saqer Group & (BMW , Rolls-Royce , Mini)
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Venture Capital & Private Equity industry
August 2008 – January 2012 (3 years 6 months)
Hired to manage IT and Telecommunication operations for the entire conglomerate within 17 sites, assessed, designed, implemented, managed and delivered the whole IT and Telecom. requirements (Active & Passive Networking, Wireless, Security, IP Telephony, Applications and Requirements) for different initiatives/projects:
• Largest BMW, Rolls-Royce & Mini showrooms and facilities in MENA and another 6 different branches.
• First BMW fully automated body shop assembly facility in MENA.
• Awraq Shares & Bonds (Brokerage House) new site including the shifting with 0% downtown.
• Consolidated & virtualized 63 different applications installed in 50+ physical servers into 2 physical servers.
• Disaster Recovery (DR) site (cold/offline) for the group units with accepted business continuity plan.
• In-housed (internally) more than 85% of the whole ICT services, projects and implementations.
• Consolidated and stabilized servers improving hardware uptime from 75% to 99%.
• Reduced software downtime from 35% to <3%.
• Fully (100%) centralized & consolidated the whole IT services offering for all sites from HQ.
• Built, directed, trained, coached the ICT team & led them under clear set of values; and managed the assigned ICT resources for overall success of projects and business.
• Initiated, and led the knowledge management and information security framework within the organization.
• Implemented & improved IT policies, standards & procedures and assured compliance by systems and users.
Networking & Security Infrastructure, Information Security, Data Center, Virtualization, VoIP, RFID, CRM, HRMS/Payroll, Intranet & Internet Portal, Messaging & Collaboration, Storage & Backup, Disaster Recovery
Al Barari - Dubai Land
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Real Estate industry
October 2007 – August 2008 (11 months)
• Established the IT master plan, strategy and budget for the organization and utilized IT resources for set of objectives
• Managed multiple IT projects and maintained proper documentation concerning IT systems and assets
• Co-ordinated with other managers to evaluate their IT needs and propose new solutions to answer these needs
• Developed and deployed all IT policies, standards and procedures, and assured users’ awareness
• Developed procedures and contingency plans for disaster recovery including establishing off-site storage
CRM, Assets Management, Desktop Management, Data Center, IT Security
IT Project Manager
March 2006 – October 2007 (1 year 8 months)
• Developed RFPs and conducted all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products.
• Developed project plans, goals, & budgets; identified resources needed & defined strategies to measure results.
• Assembled and coordinated project team members; assigned individual responsibilities.
• Created strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
• Planed and scheduled project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
• Directed and oversaw project team and managed conflicts; and, performed team assessments and evaluations.
• Efficiently identified and solves project issues.
• Designed and maintained technical and project documentation.
• Monitored contracts including review and approval of pay requests and change orders; maintained regular communication with service provider.
Portal & e-Services, EDMS/ECMS, ERP (Oracle), IT Policies & Procedures
Orbit & Showtime Networks (OSN)
Public Company; 501-1000 employees; CBS; Entertainment industry
July 2003 – March 2006 (2 years 9 months)
• Prepared the Intranet/Internet project feasibility study.
• Creation of Portal Project RFP, RFI.
• Evaluation and recommendation on different portal platforms and technologies.
• Planning, executing, and delivering of Intranet/Internet portal project and achieved its defined goals within time, cost and agreed quality standards.
• Anticipated and caught deviations from a plan or schedule early and keep all participants and stakeholders informed.
• Identified, logged, analyzed and managed potential and actual issues and risks, taking corrective action by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality and cost.
• Defined acceptance criteria for project deliverables.
• Generated different technical and managerial project documents, e.g. (SRS), contracts, schedules, personnel records, project reports, communication (email) records, (SDD), meeting agendas, minutes and status reports.
ISO 27001 Information Security : Lead Auditor
ISO 20000 IT Service Delivery : Implementer / Lead Auditor
ISO/BS 25999 Business Continuity : Implementer / Lead Auditor
ISO 22301 Business Continuity : Lead Implementer
ITIL - IT Infrastructure Library (v2 , v3)
Prince 2 : Foundation & Practitioner
Green Building LEED AP
Data Center Design & Implementation
IT Project+ : Certified IT Project Manager
CDIA+ : Certified Document Imaging Architect
Financial Planning & Monitoring in Government
CISM - Certified Information Security Manager
TOGAF 9.1 (Foundation & Certified)
CSM - Certified SCRUM Master
Skills & Expertise
- Information Security Management
- Cloud Computing
- Enterprise Systems
- Project Management
- Data Center Design & Implementation
- IT Operations
- IT Management
- IT Strategy
- Project Portfolio Management
- Vendor Management
- IT Service Management
- Team Management
- Team Leadership
- Program Management
- Team Building
- Service Delivery
- IT Governance
- Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity
- Change Management
- Management Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Process Engineering
- Business Strategy
- Business Intelligence
- Data Center
- ISO 20000
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Enterprise Content Management
- Information Technology
American University of Sharjah
MBA, Master in Business Administration
2007 – 2011
British University in Dubai
MSc., Information Technology Management
2006 – 2009
Ajman University of Science and Technology
BSc., Computer Information Systems
1999 – 2003
Travelling , Football / Soccer , Cinema , Boxing , Adventure , Reading & Self-Development
- Honors and Awards:
1) Nominated: Network Middle East Award 2011 - Collaboration project of the year
2) Network Middle East Magazine (issue: June 2011) - interview and case study: Infrastructure project of the year
3) Article: http://www.itp.net/585100-driven-by-success
4) Case Study (Lotus Notes to MS Exchange Migration) - http://www.binarytree.com/getmedia/357654a4-f37f-4185-ab14-3122d8864071/BT_CaseStudy_AlSaqerGroup.pdf.aspx
5) Computer News Middle East (issue (May 2011) - Technical round-table discussion - Desktop Virtualization
6) Network Middle East Magazine (issue: October 2011) - Most Challenging IT Project of year
7) ITP - AMEinfo (issue: November 2011) - Completion of Passive Infrastructure Project by R&M